ONLINE & PARTICIPATIVE: Jumpstart writing your journal article, based on your thesis research (Humanities & Social Sciences) (Part Two)
This workshop welcomes any student or staff or emerging researcher in the Humanities and Social Sciences, who would like to start writing a journal article. After input on the process of journal writing, the workshop space gives participants the chance to do searches online for information that will help them plan their journal article content, and then start searches for appropriate journals. Participants will also get a chance to start writing a draft abstract, story an argument and do any other related writing, with feedback from the facilitator and peers in the workshop itself. You will leave feeling confident about tackling the start of your journal writing process.
Those who have already attended one of these workshops will be guided to develop their work further.
First steps: The process of Journal publishing
- Defining what you want to say (from your thesis or other academic work)
- How to tell an academic story using argument in a journal article.
- How to find a journal to publish your work.
Interactive part: Writing what you want to say/telling the story
- Searching for a journal (with assistance from facilitator, online)
- Drafting the story line and argument
- Drafting a messy abstract
- Thursday, May 26, 2022
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Ms. Bastienne Klein (Academic Mentor)