ONLINE: Finishing off, moving on (FOMO 2) [for final year PhDs]
We are offering a series of two webinars aimed at those who are nearing the end of their PhD journey. The workshops will cover the final phase of the thesis writing process, the administrative processes of submitting the thesis, the examination process, and life after the PhD journey.
The topics covered in the second sessions are as follows:
The Examination Process
- Role of the Doctoral Degrees Board (DDB)
- Role of the Committee of Assessors (COA)
- Corrections and revisions
Endings and Beginnings
- Postdoctoral fellowships
- Post-PhD transitions: academically, professionally and emotionally
- Tips on finding fellowships
- Career planning (UCT Career Services)
- The ‘landscape out there’: options and directions for PhD graduates
- Tips for ‘job hunting’
- ‘Putting yourself out there’ in the digital age
How to book your place
Click "Begin Registration" and enter your details in the sections that appear below.
Closer to the time, registered participants will be sent a link to the online workshop via e-mail. Please be sure to check your e-mail address with which you registered to receive these details, along with other important information.
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Various presenters