ONLINE: Jump starting your thesis proposal
Whether you are starting out, have not written a word yet, or need to check out how your written proposal measures up -- Masters and Phd students at any stage of their proposal writing are welcome to join this online workshop. If you are at the beginning of the process and need help - please join us, you will benefit from this workshop. Everyone is welcome.
We start with writing your proposal using your faculty or department’s proposal template.
This cross disciplinary workshop is open to all disciplines. The workshop time is devoted to your starting to writing your formal Masters/PhD proposal in real time. By the end of the workshop, you will have developed your argument/hypothesis and assumptions, (written up in the presence of a facilitator who can assist you with your questions about structure) and filled in as many sections as is possible in three hours. Please note that ethics sections are discussed but are not for completion in this workshop.
Useful things to have with you for this workshop, where possible:
- A faculty or departmental proposal template. (a Humanities Faculty proposal template will be provided electronically in the chat of the Zoom workshop).
- Your supervisor approved topic;
- argument statements or hypotheses, and
- a list of any literature titles you have researched, if you have done some kind of literature search.
How to book your seat
Click on the 'Begin Registration' tab below and complete the sections.
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021 Show more dates
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Bastienne Klein (academic mentor)