ONLINE: Finishing Off, Moving On [for final year PhD's]
We are offering a series of two online workshops aimed at those who are nearing the end of their PhD journey. The workshops will cover the final phase of the thesis writing process, the administrative processes of submitting the thesis, the examination process, and life after the PhD journey.
Participants may register for one or both workshops.
This is the second instalment of the workshop series to be held on Wednesday the 25th of November from 11h00 to 12h30, where we will be discussing the following topics:
The Examination Process
- Role of the Doctoral Degrees Board (DDB)
- Role of the Committee of Assessors (COA)
- Corrections and revisions
Endings and Beginnings
- Postdoctoral fellowships
- Post-PhD transitions: academically, professionally and emotionally
- Tips on finding fellowships
- Career planning (UCT Career Services)
- The ‘landscape out there’: options and directions for PhD graduates
- Tips for ‘job hunting’
- ‘Putting yourself out there’ in the digital age
To book your place for this workshop
Click "Begin Registration" and enter your details in the sections that appear below.
- Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Various presenters