Writing for Publication - Savvy Researcher Series
Postgraduate students can contribute to the global knowledge economy by publishing their research in journals. However, the process of choosing an appropriate journal can be complex due to the vast number of journals available, areas of specialisation and the rise of interdisciplinary topics. There are several factors that must be considered before reaching a decision about where to publish.
By the end of the session there will be answers to the following questions:
- How do I identify the right journal?
- Should I publish in a high impact journal or a lower impact journal?
- How visible and accessible should my research be?
- Should I publish in a local journal or an international journal?
- How do I identify fake journals and credible journals?
How to book your seat
Click on the 'Begin Registration' tab below and complete the sections.
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
- 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Ulwazi Training Room - Knowledge Commons (Chancellor Oppenheimer Library)
- Upper Campus
- Jill Claassen