Intermediate and Advanced Features of NVivo
Course fee is R 2 200 per person (refreshments included)
In this two-day short course you will learn the more advanced features of NVivo12. In particular, you will learn how to use the features of the programme that help you to analyse your data and visually represent your ideas.
These include: framework matrices, all forms of queries and visual representations such as maps and models. This is a hands-on course in which you are expected to work on your own NVivo projects, with your own data, on your own personal laptops during the session.
This course is intended for researchers (from all disciplines):
• Who have already collected qualitative data, have created an NVivo project, and have done some coding
• Who have either taken an intro course to NVivo or have taught themselves how to do basic coding in NVivo
At the end of the course participants will have learned and practised:
• Supplementing data with meta-data and data from other applications, like email, Facebook, reference software and SPSS
• Using queries, searches, matrices and diagrams to analyse data
• Using visualization to explore data and data connections
• Producing data for complementary analysis in other applications
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to participants of the course and sent via registered mail.
For more information or to register, please email email@example.com. Registration and applications close Friday 25 October 2019.
The course will be held at the University of Cape Town’s Faculty of Health Sciences campus in Anzio Road, Observatory.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 Show more dates
- 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Medical Campus
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Continuing Education Unit