Postgraduate Career Compass 2-day workshop
The Postgraduate Career Compass workshop is specifically designed to help postgraduates think about their careers, whether they stay in academia or not. This is a 2-day workshop. Day 1 of the workshop is the 2nd October and Day 2 will be on the 4th October 2019.
Dr Sarah Riordon: Organisational Psychologist with extensive consulting experience in industry and in an academic environment
What is covered:
- What work looks like in the 21 century
- How your values fit in to your choices of work
- Your Meier’s Briggs personality profile and how this influences your choices
- CV, LinkedIn, Networking and job searching input
- All in a discussion based environment with postgraduates from all disciplines
What participants have said about the workshop:
“I highly recommend this to every postgrad student. “Amanda: MSc Law
“It helped me to think through what my next career step should be” Chipo PhD Biochemistry
“Sarah is a brilliant facilitator, with excellent knowledge and energy. I learnt so much about the world of work and about myself” Ian MSc Development studies
Career Compass is a workshop for registered UCT Masters and PhD students.
Please note that attendance on both days of the workshop is compulsory!
Day 1: 2nd October 2019 (8:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Day 2: 4th October 2019 (8:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Bookings: Click the following link www.mycareer.uct.ac.za and register (new users) or login then book your place as guided.
Lunch will be provided
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Upper Campus
- Career Service consultant