Your thesis argument in three hours (Part One)
Whether you're starting out, haven't written a word yet, or cutting a wordcount, students at any stage of their writing - are welcome.This session is open to anybody writing a prose thesis that requires some form of argument or hypothesis statements.
This three hour workshop is designed to assist you write your thesis argument. You will acquire the academic tools and build confidence to sustain a thesis argument through a short or long thesis/dissertation.
The workshop will be hands-on, and practical in application. By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Formulate your thesis/dissertation research question;
- Work through a response to that question;
- Take an academic position and write an argument statement;
- Develop supporting premises and draw some academic conclusions.
You are invited to bring your ideas, proposals, provisional research questions, any thesis research concepts you'd like to explore, your laptops.
Venue Ulwazi Training Room - Vincent Kolbe Knowledge Commons - Main Library, Upper Campus
How to book your seat
Click on the 'Begin Registration' tab below and complete the sections.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Ulwazi Training Room - Knowledge Commons (Chancellor Oppenheimer Library)
- Upper Campus
Room 2.04 Level 2 Otto Beit Building
University Avenue, Upper Campus
University of Cape Town