Sustaining your thesis argument (over the entire length of your thesis)(Session 1)
This three hour workshop is designed to assist you write your thesis argument.
You will acquire the academic tools and build confidence to sustain a thesis argument through a short or long thesis/dissertation. The workshop will be hands-on, and practical in application.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Formulate your thesis/dissertation research question;
- Work through a response to that question;
- Take an academic position and write an argument statement;
- Develop supporting premises and draw some academic conclusions.
You are invited to bring your ideas, proposal templates, provisional research questions, any thesis research concepts you'd like to explore, your laptops.
Teas and coffees will be served.
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Ulwazi Training Room - Knowledge Commons (Chancellor Oppenheimer Library)
- Upper Campus
- Bastienne Klein